Announcing the Jewish Music Week in Toronto 2019 Student Art Contest!
Jewish Music Week in Toronto (May 26 – June 2, 2019) is a week of concerts, recitals and musical events throughout the GTA. Here’s your opportunity to get involved by drawing or painting.
2019 Theme: How Jewish Music Makes Me Feel
What Should My Artwork Be About?
Draw or paint a picture of How Jewish Music Makes Me Feel. This could be music from a holiday, a celebration, a prayer, or music that you hear in a live performance or on the radio. Your drawing should include a representation of the music you hear as well as well as what you might feel when you hear it.
What Are The Rules and How Big Should I Make My Artwork?
All pictures should be clearly labeled with your name and email address on the back.
All artwork should be 8-1/2” X 11” and suitable for framing (please keep this in mind if you are thinking of creating a 3-dimensional piece of art). If you would like to create a larger piece, please email Jewish Music Week first to discuss ([email protected]).
How Do I Submit My Piece?
All artwork must be accompanied by a completed Registration Form. You may mail or deliver artwork with the accompanied Registration Form to Jewish Music Week in Toronto Student Art Contest, 81 Ridelle Avenue, Toronto M6B 1J5. (Bathurst & Eglinton area).
No artwork will be considered if not accompanied by completed registration form.
What’s The Deadline?
All artwork must be received by 6:00 PM, Thursday, February 21, 2019.
Will I Get My Artwork Back?
All artwork will be available for pick up at the closing of the JMW Art Exhibit at the end of the Artists’ Reception. More information will follow.
• First Place winner in each category* will receive three tickets to a Jewish Music Week in Toronto evening concert of his/her choice. Art teacher of each First Place winner (only if submitted through a school) will receive two tickets to a Jewish Music Week in Toronto evening concert of his/her choice
• First Place drawings will be published in the JMW Program Guide
• All winners, finalists, and honourable mentions will have their artwork posted on the Jewish Music Week in Toronto website
• All winners, finalists, and honourable mentions will be published in the JMW Program Guide
• All winners, finalists, and honourable mentions will have their artwork displayed as part of a special exhibit at “The Gallery at the J” in the Miles Nadal JCC
WINNERS AND THEIR TEACHERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2019.
*Categories (may be subject to change) include:
Elementary school (grades 1-2, 3-5); Middle school (grades 6-8); High school (grades 9-12)