Zamlers pursue a mission, passionately committed to their purpose. According to Yiddish tradition, it is an honor to be considered a Zamler.
The Djudeo-Espanyol word for Zamler is Arrokojedores.
A ‘SAVE THE MUSIC ZAMLER’ is:
- Our lifeline to your community!
- Spreads the “SAVE THE MUSIC’s” mission
- Finds records…in a grandmother’s house, in an attic, in a private collection
- Directs us to those interested in monetary contributions
Zamlers are recognized with name, photo, and credits in the collections you discover.
Zamlers receive recognition from your community, from Save the Music, and from our visitors around the world.
Zamlers make a lasting contribution that will nurture the roots of new generations.
- To contact the Zamler closest to you click Here.
Currently there are Zamlers in four continents dedicated to saving and promoting Jewish music by finding old recordings, enriching them with lyrics, translations, transliterations, sheet music, biographies of performers, composers, etc.